Thursday, May 20, 2010

Solstice

Unknowing little children, we have been. And now the tide takes us to distant lands. There is a tremor deep within our blood and together we shiver in utter terror and sheer delight. Now comes the end of an era; down in flames only to rise from the ashes again. We are dispersing as dust in a wind and in it our hearts flutter, gentle, soft.
My friends! Thus we embark. Trembling along in the flow of time that continually perplexes mankind for its ability to move quickly and slowly all at once. Go forth, O doves across the silver'd sea. Make your journeys. Go now and shine like newborn suns.
My prose is done, but I had to get that out. Either that captured your attention or destroyed it completely. It is both a celebration and a lament. One life flickers out while another moves in. I'm sad at what I will soon be leaving behind, yet at the same time, I am excited for a bright new future. I'm going to be short and sweet: it's as bittersweet as it gets. Never have I loved so deeply, felt joy so acutely, suffered so greatly as I have in these past few years. And now I will be moving on, carried only by memories--memories which forever seal me in the moment. I hope I never lose what's important. I dream to become a better person. There may be people I never see again, but I hope I live a life that is worthy of the memory that we, together, created.

No comments:

Post a Comment