I could have sworn I had "Tab/indent" capabilities, but I guess not. So today, I woke up early--well, 8:30 now defines early for me, since I have this new love for sleeping in. But anyway, I had to go the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. I don't really care anymore since I've been to the dentist's so often it's become kind of routine: basically I've gotten used to it. It gets better from here, because I went to the library afterward and borrowed four books.
Here they are:
Novel Without A Name-Duong Thu Huong (translated from Vietnamese)
The Folded World-Amity Gaige
Wit's End-Karen Joy Fowler
A Spot of Bother-Mark Haddon
Not bad, though I did spend the first 20 minutes harvesting nothing. I think I am by far the most picky book chooser I know. I choose at an average rate of one book per hour. The only reason I found four in one hour was because I was rushing, so naturally I had to lower my standards in order to walk out of that library with anything. Actually, I had randomly gotten it into my head to reread The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime but they didn't have it at the moment. I had to settle for A Spot of Bother which doesn't look half bad either. I am going to make an analogy now. Book about Angsty teenaged boy is to Sara D. as books about autistic people are to me. I know I butchered grammar there so shut up. Either way, I think I'll officially call Curious Incident my favorite book. I bet all of you kind of perked up and said "But-but, I thought you loved Mortal Engines!" Well, I do, but I like Curious Incident as my favorite literature. While it had good characters and stuff, ME was not the most complex and deep-delving story one could ever read. I also have to read The Host, as I promised Marika. I wonder if I can do it...chances are, I won't read all five books this spring break. Chances are, I won't read one. Things happen; they're called laziness and...well....that's about it.
Afterward, my family and I went to the Honolulu convention. We watched a few performances and I checked out the "Anime Corner" which is more like an "Anime table." It wasn't even in the corner for crying out loud. Well, it was sort of a corner, but it was still pretty lame. Although this girl who was drawing had a really awesome pen tablet that easily puts mine to shame. I had to suppress my feelings of envy there.
I had a headache/carsickness the whole time, so I wasn't exactly happy to be there. I was sorely disappointed by the "Anime Corner" and my feet hurt and I smelled cotton candy but couldn't see it. Nasty people...
When I went home, I had to sort through my doggie's forty pound bag of dog food to root out all the soggy bits because I had accidentally left the barrel open and there were southerly winds bringing in rain last night. Needless to say, bending over a bunch of dog food did not make my headache feel better. I slept it off in the late afternoon. Whenever I have to wake up earlier than I want to, I'm extremely tired come afternoon. I don't know why.
So after watching WALL-E, here I am, actually remembering to blog for nobody with my four library books piled on my lap and my father snoring in my bed (that invader 9_9). Hopefully my productivity level improves a little bit tomorrow.
PS. I crave Menchies again, but I have two things on mind: 1, how healthy--or unhealthy--is it to eat Menchies every other week? 2, Menchies is not worth my time on Sundays. No cheesecake bits, blasphemy I tell you.
i read your blog! yay!
ReplyDeleteLOL @ the anime table. Lame sauce-ado
and i commend you on your declaration of The Curious Incident as your favorite literature.
you can borrow my copy if you want...
i'm gonna do some reading over break too! i just gotta pay off my outrageous library fine >__<